Unforgettable Mango Salsa Recipe
One of our favorite mango salsa recipes will keep you coming back for more.
Enjoy the taste of fresh ripe fruity mangoes with the hot sweet flavor of fresh red Fresno Chiles.
A truly pronounced taste your palate has been missing.
This fruit salsa recipe is great on fish as well as barbecued beef of just about anything you like to cookout.
The bright contrasting colors make it an attractive addition to any table. With only one bite of mango recipe salsa you´ll know why your family and guest are saying…
Enjoy this healthy mango salsa recipe.
Unforgettable Mango Salsa
- 2 ripe mangoes, diced
- 2 fresh red Fresno chiles, roasted, stemmed and seeded
- ½ white onion, chopped
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- grated zest and juice from 1 lime
- Roast chiles over an open flame on a gas burner until the skins blister and darken, being careful not to let the flesh burn.
- Place the roasted chiles in a zip-lock freezer bag for 20 minutes to steam.
- In the meantime, put one of the mangoes on a cutting board and cut off a thick slice as close to the flat side of the pit as possible. Repeat on the other side.
- Score the flesh on each slice in a ½ inch tic-tac-toe pattern being careful not to cut through the skin. Repeat with the other mango.
- Turn the mango halves inside out so the mango flesh stands out away from the skin. Carefully slice the diced mango off the skin into a bowl. Cut off the reaming flesh from the pit, dice it and add to the mixing bowl.
- Remove chiles from the bag. Carefully peel off the skins, cut off the stems, then slit the chiles and scrape out the seeds.
- Chop the white onion and cilantro. Add them to the diced mango. Chop the chile flesh finely and add it to the mixture in the bowl; together with the lime zest and juice.
- Stir well to mix, cover and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
- You can make this mango salsa recipe ahead of time as it will keep for 2 to 3 days in the refrigerator.184.108.40.2065https://great-salsa.com/fruit/unforgettable-mango/
Hey, here is a simple variation for you.
Simply add a little Black Bean Salsa to this Mango Salsa Recipe for a delicious taste treat.
Do you have a great-salsa recipe?