Mango Salsa Recipe
Add a few extra ingredients and create a notable light meal.
A few additional ingredients added to a Mango Salsa Recipe will create an outstanding healthy meal.
Mango salsa recipe provides an excellent foundation for a variation on an old theme.
The nutty, caramelized flavor of roasted corn contrast with the tartness of the mangos will certainly awaken your sleeping taste buds.
Serve over a bed of young spring greens for an excellent light lunch or dinner, toasted French rolls with Chipotle butter, and a glass of refreshing Pinot Grigio.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels (about 6 ears)
- 2 cups diced mango
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- Juice from 1 large lime (about ⅓ cup)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 Chipotle chile in adobo sauce, drained, seeded and chopped
- 2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained (15 oz cans)
- 8 cups of fresh spring salad greens
- Heat the Olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic, cook for about 1 minute.
- Stir in the corn kernels; cook until browned about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place the corn mixture in a large bowl. Add the mango, bell pepper, onion cilantro, lime juice, salt, chile and black beans and stir well.
- Then arrange a handful of greens on each of 8 serving plates.
- Spoon 1 cup of the mango, corn and black bean salsa over the greens.
- It makes 8 servings.
Not sure how to roast your corn on the cob?
Thanks to Divas Can Cook for sharing this awesome recipe.
Easy Grilled Corn On The Cob- Sweet & Smokey!