Mystical Mexican Food Recipes Green Chile Sauce
The foundation of many easy Mexican recipes lie in the great salsas, the sauce made from red and green chiles.
Red Chile Sauce and a Mouthwatering Green Chile Salsa
These unbeatable magnificent sauces are currently yours to create your own mystic Mexican food recipes.
Enjoy the finished green chile sauce now or you can store in it the refrigerator for up to a week.
- 12 fresh green Anaheim, New Mexico or Pablano Chiles, roasted and pureed
- 1 to 2 fresh Jalapeños (optional for heat to taste)
- ½ cups chicken broth
- ½ small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbl Olive Oil
- 2 Tbl all purpose flour
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp salt
- Roast and pureé the fresh chiles. Roasting Fresh, Chiles "Remember to wear your gloves.
- Note: 10 to 12 fresh Anaheim Chiles will yield approximate 1 cup of pureé.
- Heat the olive oil in a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add the chopped onions and garlic. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and "wilt" the onions for about 5 minutes. Here we are just wilting the onions not trying to "brown" them.
- Increase the heat to Medium. Add the floor, cumin and black pepper. Stir continuously for about 2 minutes to form a roux mixture and cook until it just starts to change colors a light golden nut brown.
- Remove the pan from the heat and slowly add in the chicken broth, stirring constantly with a wire whisk to prevent lumping.
- Stir in the roasted chile purée, oregano, salt (and chopped Jalapeños, remember this is optional for heat and taste).
- Return the pan to medium heat bring just to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer covered for 30 minutes. Stir the chile Verde occasionally.
Enjoy Classic Green Chile Sauce with these delicious Mexican Food Recipes.
A simple recipe casserole of crisp tortilla strips, great salsa and cheese.
Discover Chilaquiles de Pollo con Salsa Verde a Mexican recipe casserole.
Chilaquiles! You will find many different versions of Mexican casseroles.
It’s a favorite for breakfast or a light easy supper. Good any time of day!
Chicken Enchiladas with Salsa de Tomatillos The secret to this wonderful enchiladas recipe is the Salsa de Tomatillos, it is very easy to make and will enhance all of your Mexican food recipes.
Pollo Fajitas con Guacamole Fajitas are incredibly easy to cook. They’re one of the easiest solutions to what’s for dinner dilemma. Just add tortillas and all the trimmings, and you’ve got a fiesta!
Mexican Food Recipes Secrets of Mouthwatering Magical Meals.
Thanks to Kimberly in the Kitchen for sharing Hatch Green Chile Sauce
Yes, it is late August and the Hatch Chiles are arriving at our local grocery. The aroma of the chile roasting as you walk into the market is incredible.
Definitely taking some home with us!