Cool Summer Gazpacho
by Tim Sousa
This refreshing tomato soup, Gazpacho is a great cool meal for those hot summer days. If you don’t like your food spicy, you can leave out the jalapenos, if you like it spicier, just add a few drops of your favorite hot sauce.
You can also try adding other vegetables as well. You can try adding some carrots or celery, or roast the tomatoes, onion, and garlic for an added dimension of flavor.
- 5 medium tomatoes, peeled
- 1 cucumber, peeled and seeded
- 1/2 large onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 jalapenos, seeded
- 1 12oz. can of tomato juice
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- Roughly chop the tomato, cucumber, onion, garlic cloves, and the jalapenos, and add them all to a mixing bowl.
- Add the tomato juice, cilantro, chives, worcestershire sauce, vinegar, olive oil, and lime juice to the mixing bowl, and mix together.
- In batches, puree the mixture in a blender, and transfer to another mixing bowl.
- Cover the bowl with plastic and place in the refrigerator for a few hours to let the flavors blend.
- Serve the Gazpacho with a dollop of sour cream, and a little bit of fresh cilantro and fresh chives to garnish.
Tim Sousa is the webmaster for Classy Cooking.
Come check out the ever growing collection of delicious recipes.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/
Spanish Gazpacho Soup | Omar Allibhoy
The only soup for summer! Omar’s delicious, fresh and chilled gazpacho soup recipe will take you straight to the hills of sunny Spain. Rich tomatoes, cool cucumber, fragrant peppers, onion and garlic plus Omar’s secret spice.
Thank you Omar for sharing your secret!