Roasted Tomato Salsa
There is nothing better during the summer months than your family’s favorite fabulous home garden fresh roasted tomato salsa recipe.
I love the smoky rich flavor added to this salsa recipe by roasting the tomatoes under the broiler…
…better yet it is summer and you have the grill going anyway so throw some fresh tomatoes and the remaining vegetables on the grill for that extra burst of flavor you only get from your backyard grill.
Its ok to “char” them a little it will simply add to the great taste you are about to discover.
Roasted or Grilled Tomato Salsa is sure to become one of your families treasured homemade salsa recipes.
- 12 Roma (plum) tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 1 jalapeno chile pepper
- 1-1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat the broiler.
- In a medium baking dish, place Roma (plum) tomatoes, garlic, onion
- and jalapeno chile pepper. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Note: If you prefer do this step out back on the grill it will reduce the heat in your kitchen and you will love the added “smoky grilled” taste of the fresh grilled vegetables.
- Checking often, broil or grill 5 to 10 minutes or until the outsides of vegetables is lightly charred.
- Remove vegetables from heat. Remove and discard tomato cores, jalapeno stems and seeds if desired. Don't forget to remove the skins form the garlic.
- Toss all the roasted vegetable into a food processor a few at a time and coarsely chop.
- Transfer to a medium bowl and mix in cumin, salt, lime juice and cilantro.
- Serve with your favorite grilled meats. Tortilla chips or slather on heated flour tortillas.
- If you have any of this Roasted Tomato homemade salsa recipe leftover…not!
- It will keep for 4 or 5 days in the refrigerator.
Related Homemade Salsa Recipes Roasted Tomato
Salsa de Tomatillo will go with most any seafood, grilled chicken, and eggs but let´s not forget the traditional tacos, enchiladas and burritos for an authentic Mexican food taste delight.
Magaret’s Picante Sauce “The best salsa is the salsa your neighbor delivers to your door with a cheerful smile and a tremendous amount of Love and the only salsa recipes you will ever need is Margaret´s.”
Classic guacamole salsa recipe is a fabulous homemade guacamole pleasure when made and served in a molcajete.
Thanks to Chef Jason Hill of http://www.CookingSessions.com for sharing his recipe for Grilling Tomatoes in this episode of “Chef Tips.”