Damn Good’n Hot Salsa
This is an extremely hot salsa recipe use with – Caution!!
I’m telling you it doesn’t get any hotter than this. If heat is what you want then you are going to love this “Damn Good’n Hot Salsa“.
Please, don’t serve it to your “chile tenderfoot” friends ’cause you might make them an enemy, remember revenge is swift.
- 8 Habanero Chiles, roasted, peeled, stems and seeds removed, finely diced
- 3 Roma tomatoes, finely diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup minced white onion
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- WARNING THIS IS HOT!
- Combine all the ingredients and let sit for 30 minutes at room temperature to allow the flavors to ripen - "yeah right" just get hotter you mean.
- Heat Scale: "Damn Hot"
Okay Capt’n Salsa what are you trying to do, kill us?
Tone it down just a little would you!
Sure try this “Hot Salsa” Recipe with Jalapenos, sure to please and not near as toasty as the “Damn Good’n Hot Salsa.
Hey you can simply start with only one of those Scotch Bonnet beauties still will get some heat, so,get out the tongue warming blanket.
Hot Salsa Recipe
Note: Let’s make this one a little chunky. Chop the ingredients a little bit larger than you normally would.
- 4 large red ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tomatillo, chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped fine (this will spread the wealth so to speak)
- In a medium-size bowl, combine tomatoes, onion, cilantro, garlic, lime juice, tomatillo, and salt to taste.
- Mix well.
- Add 1/2 of the jalapeno pepper, and taste..
- Yes taste, This is going to be a milder friendlier salsa, remember?
- If you want to “kick it up a notch” as Emerald says, simply add the remaining 1/2 jalapeno.
Satisfied? Like the taste?
Then Stop, do not add the remaining jalapeno pepper.
Cover the salsa, and chill until ready to serve with warm tortilla chips.
Did I say homemade too?
Ahhh the joy!
Capt’n Salsa’s Fool Proof Chile Heat Index
Now, don’t take Capt’n Salsa the wrong way, I love the heat of a good chile, but there is a big difference between hot and hurt.
The true chile head club would probably kick me out if they knew the habanero chile really curls my toes…but oh boy, what a flavor.
You know you’re a chile head when you use cheese and chopped habanero to stuff your jalapeno poppers.