Delicious Homemade Fresh Salsa Recipe
Fresh Salsa is simply delicious and extremely easy to make. What do you put into a fresh salsa recipes? Well, what do you have on hand? Take a look.
Take a short walk through the local produce section of your favorite grocery and pick up four or five of the most mouth-watering fruits and vegetables you see.
Capt’n Salsa suggests you also grab a chile pepper.
Now with just a little fine chopping, mix them all together in a serving bowl with a squeeze or two of fresh lime juice, salt and pepper to taste.
Well okay if you really need a list and a fresh salsa recipe you will really enjoy this one.
- 6 tomatoes, preferably roma (or 3 large tomatoes)
- ½ medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 2 Serrano or jalapeño peppers, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- ⅛ teaspoon oregano, finely crushed
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- ½ avocado, diced (black skin)
- Combine all of the ingredients in a glass bowl.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate and serve within 4 or 5 hours.
- Yield: 4 cups fresh salsa.
How to Cut Hot Peppers –
Jalapeno, Poblano, Serrano, Habanero