Homemade Salsa Recipe
“Cilantro Lime Salsa”
Cilantro is widely used in cooking in Texas, cilantro resembles flat-leaf Italian parsley but has a more aromatic, sweet flavor.
Cilantro Lime Salsa
- 1 can fresh cut diced tomatoes
- 1 can Ro-Tell tomatoes and green chiles
- 1 teaspoon cilantro
- juice of one lime
- one bunch green onions chopped
- 2 dashes of Tabasco
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- salt to taste
- Drain the diced tomatoes and the can of Ro-Tel Tomatoes and Green Chiles, reserving the juice for later use.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor. Blend by using short pulses to your desired consistency. I like my a little on the chunky side. You can also add a bit of the reserved juice if necessary.
- Pour into a bowl, cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Serve with Capt'n Salsa's Grill Roasted Chicken or your favorite grilled meats.
Thanks Russ from Molly’s Landing for the following tips
Making Cilantro Sauce
Capt’n Salsa suggest you look for crisp, green, non-wilted cilantro in your produce secton of your grocer.
You can store it in the refrigerator with the stems in a glass of water and a plastic bag covering the leaves.