Tempting Chipotle Pico de Gallo
Chipotle is really a Jalapeño pepper, the most commonly smoked chile. The flavor imparted is smoky and hot, which is different from any other chile. Chipotles are sold in the dry form or canned in a tomato-based adobo sauce, sold in most grocery stores today.
Enjoy the smoky essence of this mouth-watering homemade salsa recipe.
Capt’n Salsa recommends you double the recipe and be sure to bring an extra bag of tortilla chips.
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoon minced canned chipotle chilies in adobo sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 cups chopped and seeded tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine fresh lime juice, chipotle chilies and minced garlic in a large bowl.
- Add chopped tomatoes, onion and fresh cilantro. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Let Chipotle Pico de Gallo stand for about an hour at room temperature to allow flavors to develop, I almost have to put mine under lock and key.
- Now you know why I say double the recipe.
Make sure you read Capt’n Salsa’s Fool Proof Chile Heat Index . Your future homemade salsa recipe making endeavors will appreciate it.
The main thing is to have fun in the kitchen and enjoy entertaining your family and friends.
Chimol o pico de gallo a mi estilo