Quesadillas Are A True Comfort Food And So Easy To Make
Spicy Chicken Quesadillas are easy to make when you have left over grilled chicken. Actually, quesadillas can be filled with just about anything, beef, pork, seafood and a host of vegetables.
Be sure to experiment with what ever you may have on hand.
Today you just walked in after a long day looking for something simple and delicious for dinner.
Quesadillas fit the bill.
Feel free to leave out the Jalapeño peppers for your guests if they are a bit heat sensitive.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 boneless chicken breasts cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 jalapenño pepper seeded and sliced
- 4 eight inch flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Preheat the comal or your favorite cast iroin skillet on medium heat on top of the stove.
- Add the olive oil to the hot pan.
- Place the chicken strips, chili sauce and jalapeño pepper in the pan and saute until cooked through, approximately 35 Minutes.
- Remove and reserve. Wipe the pan clean.
- Place the chicken mixture on one half of each of the 4 flour tortillas.
- Sprinkle with cheese and fold over to form a half circle.
- Again, preheat the comal or skillet on medium heat.
- Lightly oil the comal cooking surface with vegetable oil.
- Place a filled tortilla on the cooking surface. Cook until light brown. Turn. Repeat with the other three tortillas.
- Slice each tortilla into three wedges and serve with Black Bean Salsa and Delicious Guacamole.