Magnificent Mexican Appetizer
Chicken Flautas & Avocado Crema – RECIPE
Flautas are rolled corn tortillas with various fillings, then crisp fried and often garnished with shredded lettuce and other raw vegetables.
- Avocado mashed
- cottage cheese, process to a smooth consistency in a blender -- if desired
- lemon juice
- green chiles, roasted skins, stems, seeds -- removed then chopped
- oregano leaves -- crushed
- onion powder to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- corn tortillas
- Sprinkle avocado with lemon juice to preserve color.
- Mix three parts avocado to one part cottage cheese and blend.
- Add green chiles, oregano, onion powder, and garlic powder to taste.
- Fry tortillas in shallow hot shortening till softened and drain on paper towels.
- On heated griddle, roll up tortillas with a few tablespoons of avocado filling.
- Heat through. Serve immediately.
How to Make Chicken Flautas :
Rolling Tortillas for Chicken Flautas