Jalapeno Mexican Cornbread Recipes
Hot chilies and cheese are what make this Mexican corn bread recipe the perfect accompaniment to your favorite roasted or grilled foods.
- 2 jalapeno chilies, finely chopped, seeds and ribs left in
- 1 - 17 ounce can creamed corn
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- ⅓ cup oil
- 1 cup grated longhorn cheese
- 2 cups yellow cornmeal
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Heavily grease a 17½ by 12 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, mix the finely chopped jalapenos with the corn.
- Beat in the baking soda, salt, and sugar, then add the eggs one at a time, beating well. Add the buttermilk and oil, then whisk in the cheese and cornmeal.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan, distributing it evenly, and bake in the center of the oven for 30 to 40 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan and serve in squares.
How to Make Mexican Cornbread
Habanero Surprise Muffins – Mexican Cornbread Recipes
Follow directions for Jalapeno Mexican Cornbread Recipes.
- Spoon half the batter equally into 12 buttered 2 1/2-inch muffin cups.
- Top each portion with 2 teaspoons habanero or jalapeno jelly (1/2 cup total).
- Fill cups equally with remaining batter.
- Bake in a 400 degrees oven until muffins spring back when lightly pressed in center and are lightly browned, 20 to 25 minutes.
Makes 12 Servings, Enjoy!