Chicken Fajitas with Guacamole
The perfect dish for casual entertaining, Fajitas whether prepared over a mesquite fire in the wide open spaces or on your own back your grill, this is the ultimate Chicken fajitas recipe.
Guest simply add their own fillings from chicken, beef, pork or your favorite seafood to fresh steaming hot tortillas, folding the tortillas over makes a terrific Texas taco.
The traditional condiments are guacamole, grated cheese, chopped green onions and sour cream.
Don’t forget the hot refried beans on the side.
- 3 Tbl white wine
- 6 Tbl butter
- 1 Tbl soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 lb chicken breasts or thighs (Note: leaving the skin on produces a juicer chicken strip)
- Red onions, sliced in strips
- green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 20 flour tortillas, warmed
- Pico de Gallo
- Sour cream, optional
- Prepare an indirect heat fire in a charcoal grill and oil the grill rack.
- In a small frying pan over medium heat, warm the wine for 1 to 2 minutes to burn off the alcohol. Add the butter and, once it melts, stir in the soy sauce, garlic and pepper. Cook for about 1 minute, and then remove from the heat.
- Dip the chicken pieces into the wine sauce, turning to coat. Palace the chicken on the grill rack and grill, turning once, until cooked through out when cut into with a knife, 4 to 5 minutes on each side.
- Transfer the chicken to a cutting board bone and skin chicken if desired and cut into finger-length strips.
- Serve the chicken strips on a warmed platter. Place the tortillas in a basket and the guacamole, sour cream and Pico de Gallo into bowls. Let guests assemble their own fajita-filled tortillas, adding the condiments as desired.
- Serves 6 to 8.
Make a classic Mexican dinner with the Grill Sergeants.
Learn How to Make Fajitas, Guacamole, and Cook Mexican food