Donna’s Taco Salad
Donna’s Taco Salad Recipe is one of Capt’n Salsa’s all time favorite summer Mexican salad recipes reminiscent of family gatherings at the local park.
What fun we used to have playing in the sprinklers…ggg always got in trouble though for that one.
This taco salad recipe is from Donna, Queen of the One Pot Meals and it is extremely easy to make.
- Large Head of lettuce, cut up
- 2 to 3 cups of sharp (cheddar) cheese, shredded
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 large tomatoes, diced
- 4 tablespoons Italian dressing
- Large bag of tortilla chips, broken up
- Sour Cream
- Hot Salsa
- Black Olives, sliced
- 3 cans Hormel hot chili with beans
- In a large bowl, add lettuce, chips, tomatoes, onions, cheese and dressing; gently mix.
- To serve, layer heated chili, then salad mixture, top with sour cream, salsa and black olives.
- Couple of notes for you to make this taco salad recipe even easier; remember you can use a mild homemade salsa recipe f you prefer it a little milder.
- Crush the tortilla chips right in their bag, open the bag first or it will pop on you and you will have crushed chips all over the floor.
- Hey, gather up all the kids to help you make this not only will they have a lot of fun doing it, but they will really enjoy eating a meal they create.
- Garnish the entire taco salad with fresh avocado slices, don’t forget the sour cream and of course a few pickled jalapeno slices to provide just the right amount of heat to your liking.
Try one of these great salsa recipes on your next taco salad recipe at your next family pot luck dinner and feel free to share these recipes with your family and friends.