Charming Chile Rellenos Casserole
Chile Rellenos is one of my all time favorite Mexican Foods and whenever you need a sure hit for a pot luck dinner, then this Chile Rellenos Casserole is just the ticket.
This method of preparing chiles rellenos is easier than the traditional method and equally delicious. Fresh roasted Pablano chiles can be substituted for the canned chiles. Try different cheeses and fillings, too.
You will probably have most of these ingredients on hand in the pantry, oh you don’t well put them all on your grocery shopping list you will be glad you did.
- 2 cans, Whole green chile, or 8 fresh roasted Pablano chiles.
- 3 cups Sharp Cheddar cheese
- 4 each Green onions, chopped including the tops
- 3 cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 6 each Eggs
- 4 cups Milk
- 3/4 cup All-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2 cans, 7 ounce Green chili Salsa
- Split chile peppers lengthwise and remove seeds and pith.
- Spread chilies in a single layer in a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle Cheddar cheese, green onions, and 1-1/2 cups of the mozzarella cheese over chilies.
- In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, flour, and salt together until smooth. Pour over chilies and cheese.
- Bake in a 325° degrees oven for 50 minutes or until a knife inserted in custard comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, mix salsa with the remaining 1-1/2 cups mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle over casserole and return to oven for 10 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Chile Relleno Casserole – Perfect for Entertaining
Chiles Rellenos from Abuela’s Kitchen