Enjoyable Chicken Enchiladas
with Sour Cream Sauce
Most of you have figured out by now, I love good Mexican Food and always being on the look out for another of my favorite Mexican Recipes.
Olen and his wife have put together an colection of mexican food recipes and they can certainly teach us a thing or two…
Why they even have their Grandbabies eating mexican food. Thanks Olen for a great mexican recipe!
- 4 Chicken breasts or your choice.
- 1 tablespoon of Salt
- ½ teaspoon of Cumin
- 1 tablespoon of Chili powder
- 2 Garlic cloves or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 medium Onion sliced & quartered
- 2 medium bell pepper's sliced & quartered
- 3 tablespoons of Cooking oil your choice
- 14 oz Canned whole tomatoes or chopped
- 4 chicken breasts, 1 tablespoon of salt cover with water, bring to boil, loosely cover. Cook over medium low heat for 1 hour, drain saving broth. Set chicken aside to cool.
- When cooled, take and cut in strips, ¼ by 1 inch would be great. In skillet add 3 tablespoons of oil, sauté` 1 medium onion, 2 medium bell peppers, sliced, then quarter, 2 cloves of garlic.
- No fresh garlic? That's ok, we can use garlic powder later in blender. Cooking over low heat till lightly sautéed. Add chicken cooking 3 or 4 more minutes. In blender add 12 oz can tomatoes, 2 cups of chicken stock from our chicken.
- 2 tablespoons of chili powder, if we didn't have garlic cloves then add 1 teaspoon of garlic powder, ½ teaspoon of cumin and 1 teaspoon of salt or to taste. Pour mixture in skillet bring to boil, cover and simmer over medium heat about 10 minutes.
- Sour Cream Sauce for Chicken Enchiladas
- Lets make this easy! If we use 12 oz carton of sour cream then use 12 ozs of chicken broth and etc. 1 heaping tablespoon of butter, pinch of cumin(optional), pinch of garlic powder or 1 diced garlic clove. Salt to taste, ½ teaspoon should do it.
- Bring to a boil. Slowly add 4 or 5 tablespoons of flour dissolved in cold water, using whip or cooking spoon, till desired consistency. When using flour or corn starch, I will always mix more than I use, easier to throw away some, than to have to stop and mix more.
- We have made our sour cream sauce, cooked our Chicken!
- Next lets put our chicken enchiladas together. Heat oil in skillet, on medium high heat cook corn tortillas, one at a time, in hot oil until soft, about 15 seconds; drain.
- Set the tortillas aside, stacking to prevent drying, until cool enough to touch. Add 2 tablespoons of the Chicken mixture in center of each tortilla using slotted spoon, roll up, serving 2 or 3 to a plate.
- Cover with sour cream sauce. Sprinkle with chili powder or paprika for color, garnish with a few slices of canned jalapeno peppers. Serving with Rice & Refried beans, would be great.
Chicken Enchiladas with White Cream Sauce
Note the Enchiladas above are made with “flour tortillas” and are fantastic!
How to Make Enchiladas
Great Video, Carmen speaks in spanish but her video speaks for itself. You will definitely pick up several cooking tips watching her. Thanks Carmen for the great videos.