Black Bean Enchiladas
Black Bean Cheese Enchiladas
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 12 ounces canned tomatillos
- 4 ounces canned green chilies, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 12 whole wheat tortillas
- 15 ounces canned black beans
- 8 ounces fat-free Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- Spray 13 x 9 inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- To make sauce, cook green onions and garlic in oil until tender.
- Add tomatillos, green chilies, cilantro and oregano. Continue cooking until sauce comes to a boil; reduce heat to low and continue cooking about 10 minutes.
- Pour sauce into blender container. Cover and blend on high speed until smooth.
- Return to saucepan and stir in chicken broth. Cook over medium heat about 15 minutes.
- Dip each tortilla into sauce.
- Spoon about 1 1/2 tablespoon black beans and 2 tablespoon cheese onto each tortilla.
- Roll tortilla around filling. Place seam side down in 13" x 9" baking dish.
- Pour remaining sauce over tortillas; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake Black Bean Enchiladas at 350° F for 20 to 25 minutes until cheese is melted and filling is hot.