Mysterious Yellow Tomato Salsa
Hey, did you find those yellow tomatoes?
Yellow, gold and orange tomatoes are less acidic and taste sweeter. Some yellow varieties may also seem a little bland since they are lower in acidity.
Yellow and orange do not have as much if any lycopene as the red ones. Lycopene is a powerful antioxidant.
You will also simply devour the Tropical Yellow Tomato Salsa, it is excellent with grilled fish or chicken. Great!
- 1 ½ cups chopped yellow tomato
- ½ cup chopped mango
- ½ cup chopped Papaya
- ½ cup chopped purple onion
- ½ cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 2 Tbl fresh basil, chopped
- 2 Tbl fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbl fresh lime juice
- ¼ tsp Salt, Kosher
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl; mix well. Cover and let stand at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Makes about 3 cups.
- Really didn´t find those yellow tomatoes, go ahead it´s ok to use red tomatoes.
Thanks Rebecca Schirber for sharing your Yellow Tomato Salsa recipe.