Quesadillas with Garden Fresh Fruit Salsa
When you are cooking any kind of treat that has strawberries in it, include a percentage of aged balsamic vinegar. The vinegar offers the dessert a sweet preference and also it aids to enhance the strawberry’s preference. If the treat is something bigger, such as a strawberry cake, include a touch much more balsamic vinegar.
- 1 pt. fresh strawberries, hulled and diced
- 1 fresh ripe Anjou pear, cored and diced
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 c. (4 oz.) Sargento Preferred Light Fancy Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches in diameter)
- 2 tsp. light margarine, melted
- 2 tbsp. light sour cream
- Combine strawberries, pear, cilantro and honet asidey in medium bowl; se.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons cheese on one half of each tortilla.
- Top with 1/3 cup salsa (drain and discard any liquid that has formed from the fruit) and another 2 tablespoons cheese on each tortilla.
- Fold tortillas in half. Brush top of each folded tortilla with some of the melted butter.
- Grill folded tortillas, buttered-side-down, in dry preheated skillet until light golden brown and crisp, about 2 minutes.
- Brush tops with remaining melted butter; turn and brown other sides.
- Remove to serving plate or platter.
- Cut each tortilla in half.
- Serve with remaining Fruit Salsa and Garnish with sour cream.
- Serve immediately.
- Makes 4 servings.
How To Hull Strawberries: Two Ways To Hull A Strawberry!
The Best Way To Hull Strawberries! If you’re making a recipe for Strawberry Rhubarb Pie, Strawberry Shortcake recipe, Chocolate Strawberry Banana Smoothie or a terrific fresh fruit salsa.