Mango Pico de Gallo
Most raw, fresh salsas, are best eaten shortly after you mix it together.
This is really really good.
Mango Pico de Gallo will add a zing to your grill hamburgers. Try it on your favorite grilled fish as well.
- 6 mild long green chilies, such as Anaheim or New Mexican, roasted, peeled, and chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 large firm but ripe mango, peeled and cubed
- 1 large firm but ripe tomato cored, seeded, and coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 to 2 fresh Jalapeños, stemmed and minced
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Salt to taste
- 1/3 cup finely chopped cilantro
- In a bowl, combine the green chilies, mango, tomato, onion, Jalapeños, lime juice, and salt.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 hour, to blend the flavors.
- Just before serving, stir in the cilantro and adjust the seasoning.
- Capt'n Salsa suggest you try it with a combination of fresh Peaches and Mangoes
Here is a treat from Caitlin Shoemaker, today she is sharing how to make a Mango Salsa, Mango Chipotle Buddha Bowls, and some Mango Curry Tacos!
3 Savory Summer Mango Recipes!